By Momma Chef
This is a great recipe to whip up on a Sunday night in preparation for weekday morning breakfasts-on-the run. You can use any variation of eggs, cheese, veggies, and meat that your kids like. My boys are partial to broccoli and cheddar cheese. Muffins keep for several days in the refrigerator. Just heat in the microwave for 25 seconds, and they're ready to eat.
Breakfast Egg Muffins in Wonton Wrappers
• 6 eggs slightly beaten
• ½ tsp. salt
• ½-¾ cup chopped veggies
• 24 wonton wrappers
• ¼ cup shredded cheese (preferably sharp cheddar)
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2. Whisk eggs and salt in a bowl. Add veggies.
3. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Press a wonton wrapper into each opening to form a cup. Then diagonally press a second wonton into each cup so all sides are covered.
4. Fill cups with egg-and-veggie mixture.
5. Sprinkle cheese on top.
6. Bake in preheated oven until eggs are set and lightly browned on top, 12-15 minutes.
Serves: 12 muffins
Karen Nochimowski is a mother of three active boys (ages 12, 8, and 5). Her recipes, available on MommaChef.com, use no more than six ingredients and six minutes of prep time.